Friday 6 January 2012

Brainache!

Today has been a 'fidget' day. I can't stop pottering about and my mind has been racing 100 miles per hour. 

You see, I've been thinking about all the things I want to achieve in 2012 (the start of a brand new year can do this to you)

Things I want to happen include: starting an Etsy shop, finishing a children's book I have been working on for the past few years (well its been on the back burner for the past year so really I've only been working on it for a year... which isn't too bad I guess?) putting together some rough illustrations to go with it, organise my time better, speak to some local shops about stocking some of my work... the list is endless .

Anyway I decided I needed to stop thinking about all of that rather daunting stuff (once my temples started to pound) and decided to make a cushion (I know I'm predictable) 


I plugged in my beloved Dotty and got to work right away...


Oh how I love my sewing machine, I really think there is such a thing as sewing therapy.   I inhaled the lovely aroma of Dotty as she worked away and felt instantly better (those of you who have a sewing machine will know exactly what I'm talking about, those of you who don't are forgiven for thinking me a bit of a weirdo!)


I love using pom pom trims, and really like this yellow next to the black and white. Lovely.


So, now I am about to make dinner (another distraction thank goodness) or maybe I'll just make another cushion??

Hope you are all having a lovely weekend
x

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet cushion! So cute. I too, have an endless list of things I want to accomplish this year. So much to do.....:)
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete