Friday 4 November 2011

A Quiet Drink in The Library

We are so excited, my brother-in-law Stewart and his partner Lans are visiting from London. It's sooooo good to have them here, we've a got a week until they have to leave and we are determined to make the most of it. So, despite the pouring rain last night we headed out into town.  We hopped off the bus and ran into the nearest bar to us, which happened to be The Library Bar. I have driven past this place a few times and thought 'I must go in there one day' but have so far never ventured in... until last night...

 I can't believe I have never been before... I love this place. The atmosphere is relaxed and inviting and the staff are really nice and friendly.
Hundreds (if not thousands) of books line the walls...
and old fashioned lamps are scattered all around to help to create the right atmosphere.
Lans, Tom and Stewart enjoying the first drink of many in their cozy corner...
This gorgeous green lamp really caught my eye...
So many books... so little time...
Lots of lovely pieces to look at. This would look good in my hallway...
and the monkey could live in my bedroom :0)

The Library bar is definitely a place to visit... I'll be going back again very soon!

2 comments:

  1. I've been to that bar a couple of times.. Very cool! Lovely pic of you four. Can't wait to see Stewart and Lans xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always meant to pop in there and see what it was like. Def. going to have to go now. I might not make it out, and it may not be the alcohol.... hmmm

    ReplyDelete