Friday 16 September 2011

Can I Sit Down Now Please?

What a day I've had.  Who'd of thought getting prepared for a market would be so time consuming (and tiring!) I've honestly been at 'it' all day... Here's what I've been doing...

Making my price tags: I did want to hand write each one, but after doing 2 opted for typing and printing them out instead :0)  I did however hand draw in pen the bow and ribbon effect on each one before mounting them on dark grey card, then cream card. For some reason this photo wouldn't upload the right way around?


Made some little weights to hold down my plastic frame holders: I poured some rice onto clingfilm, and then wrapped it all up into a ball, covered it in fabric and tied it with some ribbon. I made 2 of these before tying a long piece of string between them both. I'm going to place the string over the tops of the frame holders and let the weights hang down either side of the table to keep them in place...clever eh!


Decided to see whether listening to some music might make me work faster, so put on the new Chilli's CD, 'I'm with you' (which I love)

 
Attached all the price tags to my pictures...


Ironed my tablecloths (which I'm not gonna post a photo of, coz that's just boring!!!) Boxed up all my prints/frames...

 

Collected up all the 'stuff' I'm gonna need tomorrow...



As well as all the above I also had to cut backs for some of my prints (I love my new guillotine) before putting them into plastic sleeves, go and see the nice man in the post office to get some $5 notes and load up the car.  Now do you see why I am tired?  Oh and just one more thing, I spotted this beautiful fabric lantern shade which I just had to buy (while I was in Spotlight buying frame stands earlier today)


Right that's it, I'm off to order a pizza, get in my comfy's and watch the game... If anyone fancies it I'll be at Birkenhead Artisan Market tomorrow from 8 onwards...wish me luck! x

No comments:

Post a Comment