Tuesday 6 September 2011

Where Have All The Letters Gone?


Is it just me or is there nothing more exciting than getting a letter in the post?  I opened the letterbox this morning expecting to find the usual when to my delight there was an unexpected parcel waiting for me...


Inside was a lovely pair of bright red mittens, knitted for me by my Auntie Purple (not her real name but this is how we like to refer to her ) During the cold snap a few weeks ago I was talking to Auntie Purple on the phone and was moaning about how cold I was even after wrapping myself up in several blankets, 'I need some woolly mittens' I whined.... so she made me some...


Aren't they lovely!!

My friends will tell you that I always like to have a good old rant when it comes to letters...well the fact that nobody writes them anymore. It's so sad to think that most children of today have probably never wrote or received a letter!!  What will they look back on when they are old and grey? I have three old 'Quality Street' tins filled with old letters and notes from when I was at school and letters I wrote to friends during my teenage years (which never fail to make me laugh when I read them back now - oh the drama)
When I moved to NZ, I made a pact with a couple of friends to write to each other rather than email. It's so nice when I open the letterbox to find a hand written letter addressed to me and I love sitting down and writing back (always on lovely stationery of course :0)
So why don't you pick up a pen and paper and write a letter to someone special. I guarantee it will make their day and you never know you just might get one back!

No comments:

Post a Comment